9.2.16


We spent Christmas in Texas with Mom and Papi this year (we haven't spent Christmas with them since - gasp! - before Joshua and I moved to Spain 15 years ago!)

The morning that Papi took Joshua and the boys to the zoo, mom and I ran errands - running errands with mom is always a good thing to do, because it means that you'll get good conversation.

And of course, mom didn't let me down; we were zipping through downtown in mom's red diesel Volkswagen (because that's how my parents roll . . . ) and she said to me: 
"Naomi, you haven't been writing; you should write" 

"I know!" I said,  "but I don't always know what to write about" 
"You should write" she said

"I feel like it's too risky to write about important things, because--what if I'm misunderstood?" I said.
"You should write" she said

"I'm not really the best at summarizing big ideas" I said
"You should write" she said

So tonight, I write. 
(this one's for you, mom)  

*mom makes the best breakfasts . . . and papi always makes the hot chocolate -- he calls it sparkle juice, because it makes your eyes sparkle.




11 comments:

  1. Yes, you should write. I've missed it. I love how you can say lots with so few words. You really are gifted. (You don't know me, but we attended Austin Bluffs EFC in Colorado Springs when you came to the missions conference there.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! (Mom's always right, huh? ;) ) and thanks for introducing yourself!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. YOU! my friend . . . are where I send people to get a good summary of important topics! ;)

      Delete
  3. Please write more. I miss your writing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaaw! thanks Lory! (um, I miss your writing too! :) )

      Delete
  4. So glad to find a new post from you. Missed your writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for be back again! I missed your writing. By the way, my name is Emi and I follow your blog from Spain... I really like your peaceful way of writing, I love come to your blog and find peace and love..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emi! I'm so glad you introduced yourself. It makes me smile to know that you find peace and love in this place; what a beautiful compliment!

      Delete
  6. Oh good, you're mom talked some sense into you! I missed your writing. Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete