23.9.14


Last week things got pretty exciting around here - being that September is the month that Mexico celebrates its independence from Spain.

The night of September15th is noche Mexicana  - when friends and family get together to feast on pozole and party hard. I made my own pozole this year (whoa), and Joshua headed up making arroz con leche (a dessert he loves, but I'm not so crazy about . . .  so I never make it)

That evening, my the kitchen was alive with life: Selma was stacking the tostadas on a plate, Joshua was hovering over the pot with simmering arroz con leche, Sam was slicing up the radishes for the pozole, the boys were popping in and out - asking how much longer they would have to wait for dinner. . . .

And Selma stuck her head out our kitchen window and yelled:
"We are eating pozole!
and tostadas!
and arroz con leche!

We are TRIPLE Mexican!" 



2 comments:

  1. haha, I'm so glad this made it to the blog. selma's the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I actually thought the other day - "hmmmm, Sam is such an important part of our every day lives - why don't I blog about her?" :) Maybe I'm afraid to violate your privacy :)

      Delete