17.5.11

lunch guests of the best kind

We had lunch with the Somervilles yesterday. The Somervilles are the sort of couple that everyone needs to lunch with every once in a while - - they are wise, and gentle, and humble; and they listen with kind, understanding eyes, and make you feel like they could council you to do anything, anything and you would run to do it.

In the course of our conversation, Bob, with both a sigh and twinkle in his eye, said, "I thought that when I got older, I wouldn't have to deal with hurt and personal conflict issues anymore!"
sigh.

BUT
my heart is encouraged. because the Somervilles are still following Jesus; they are still loving the church; they have not grown weary of doing good.
I need that example.

it reminded me of this post by my mama (who says it so much better than I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment